Monday, May 4, 2015

May 4, 2015

Happy Monday! :)
Wow another week went by already... Time is going by so fast! And its already May!!  What happened to April??  
Well this week was soooo good!  We taught TONS of lessons this week haha.  Also this week we went on splits with some sisters in our ward.  And honestly I was TERRIFIED!  I mean i speak spanish pretty good but its still kinda nervewrecking to teach without your companion for the first time!  So i was super super nervous but i mean i wasnt gonna tell Hna. Rivera that we werent gonna do it because i was scared haha so i had to buck up and get over it.  But it really was such an amazing experience for me.  So in the lessons that we had, in 2 of them i had to commit to baptism!  So that made me even more nervous. But honestly it went sooo well.  I was being helped out thats for sure :)  I mean i had never spoken that good of spanish yet in my mission!  And all 3 people that I challeneged to baptism acceped!!!!!!!  Yeah it was a pretty good day :)

And yes we had a baptism this week!!!  It went soo well!  I will try to send pictures if i have time :)  But we baptized Anderson!  And his dad attended the baptism!  Hna. Violeta also attended but we are not sure of what she thought about it because she left too fast after it ended! But we have a family home eveneing with her tonight so we will find out :)  We are kind of getting discouraged with Hna. Violeta because she stopped reading her book of mormon, stopped praying, and hasnt come to church in a couple weeks.  We are trying to help her have a spiritual experience so she can know that she needs to be baptized.  We are hoping that tonight she will have one... Because honestly we dont know what else to do!!!  Ugh....  But we are going to keep working with her. 

THIS WEEK IS MOTHERS DAY! I am so excited to get to be able to talk to you all!!! Gosh it feels like just yesterday was Christmas hahha :)  But anyways... I am going to call at 6pm PERUVIAN TIME.  And honestly i dont remember what time that is in Utah haha.  I think its at like 5 or 7 or something like that... But i hope that works for everyone!!  If not... Mother i hope you are connected right now to tell me otherwise haha.  But honestly I am soo excited to talk to you!  :)  

I am not playing my violin as much as i use to but i am still really greatful to have it :)
And honestly i meet super crazy people every single day hahaha :)  but the most interesting person i met this week was probably Hna Filomena haha.  She is a little old lady and she told us that we are literal angels sent to change her life and then just kept talking for about 30 minutes and we were just laughing because we didnt understand hardly ANYTHING of what she said haha.  And no it was not just because my spanish haha :)
And my scripture of the week is Alma 37:35.  Learn wisdom in thy youth :)  Really i was thinking a lot this week about how greatful i am for the oppertunity i had to be raised in the gospel and learn true wisdom in my youth.  I got to share my experiences of learning the gospel in a loving home and how i obtained my testimony.  Gosh i love being a missionary :)

Well that is it for my week, i hope you all have such a good week this week!  I cant wait to talk to you on Sunday!!!!  My companion is super obedient so i really might only get to talk for 30 or 40 minutes but shes talking to her family first so i will find out haha.  I hope it gets to be a little longer!  I love you all and miss you tons!  Have such a good week!
Love, 
Hermana Lauren Jane Mitchell :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com