Monday, January 25, 2016

January 25, 2016

My week was SUPER crazy! Okay first of... The baptisms!!!  So initally we were only planning on having 3, but we wound up having 5!!!!  Crazy right!  There were a couple investigators that I guess just really wanted to get baptized so at the last minute they told us and we had to make a bunch of arrangements but thats okay :)  So the people that got baptized are, Pablo, Orlando, Felix, Jose Fransisco, and Lynda!  And it went so well! President was there as well :) I was SUPER stressed through out the whole thing but it ended up just being super good. :)

So first off, Felix's interview was honestly the best thing ever.  So we were super worried about how he was going to have his interview with our district leader because well... he cant talk or hear.  So we went over early that morning and worked so hard with him on it.  We wrote out all of the questions one by one and had pictures and everything.  But we were still super nervous.  So we sent him in the the interview and after our district leader came out and said ´´wow... vacan hermanas, lo mejor entrevista que he tenido´´ (which means, wow awesome, that was the best interview I've had in my whole mission) and when we heard that we were super happy!  Felix walked out and just looked super happy too :)   I will send pictures of the baptisms! 

Also this week i found a bug in my head!  You know those bot fly videos we use to watch mom? Yeah kinda like that!  My head was itching so i felt around and there was a bump there and so i was kinda scratching at it and  pulled something out and it was a bug!!!  It left a hole in my head!  I am now paranoid!  

Oh and there were transfers this week! But.... me and Hna. Sandison are staying here together!  I am SOOO happy!  Also, we got a new assignment to be the Sister Leaders!  Its kinda like being a zone leader but for the sisters, and most of the ones we are in change of arent in our zone so we will have to be traveling!  But I am super excited!  We have a leadership meeting on thursday and then we have to be in charge of a part of our zone meeting on saturday!  I am exicted to get to know some other sisters in the misson though :)

We were also busy teaching and finding new people this week.  Most of our attention was on the baptisms so we kinda slacked off on finding new investigators but we are going to pick that up this week.  

Oh also we had a world wide mission broadcast!  And something that i was thinking about through the whole thing was about Preach my Gospel.  It really is an amazing book and honestly its not just for missionaries!  So if you havent had a chance to read it DO IT!  It teaches sooo much about everything! :)

Well, that is it for my week.  I am super excited to start a new transfer!  I love you all sooo much!  Have a great week! :)

Love,
Hermana Lauren Jane Mitchell :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com