Monday, February 8, 2016

February 8, 2016

Happy Tuesday!
Sorry I wasn't able to write yesterday haha.  It was a crazy day! And it was superbowl sunday??? WHO WON?  Gosh no one gives me any information anymore haha.  Also yes I did finally get my package!  Thank you tons!  And  I got TONS of christmas cards haha and they still keep coming :)

Well it was another good week!  This week we were in a trio because another sister's compaion went home.  Her name is Hermana Ingram and it was super fun to be in a trio haha.  We probably speant way too much time talking but it was still super fun :)

So this week something awesome happened!  A couple weeks ago we talked to this guy on the street and went back to teach him a few times.  We even invited him to be baptized but the problem is, is that he doesn't live in our zone, he just works there!  So we passed his reference and he happened to live in the zone of the assistants!  So i guess they started teaching him and he is going to be baptized!  We were super excited about that!  We just wish he lived in our area haha.  His name is Juan.  He is super cool :)  We are for sure going to attend his baptism!  We go by every so often to check up on him as well at work :)

We found a few new investigators this week.  Not as many as usual in this area but they are all pretty solid :)  This week we are going to try to be creative a find even more :)  I am not sure exactly what we will do but we are thinking :) Also we found out that our convert Carlos has a whole flippin stampede of guinea pigs in the back of his house haha!  It is hilarous!  There are over 100 i think.  We got to hold them this week.  The sad thing is, is that they are used for food..... but they are super funny.  Hermana Ingram has the picture so when she sends it to me ill send it :)

So yesterday we went to canchaque!  It was sooo fun!  I will send pictures!  It was soooooo pretty!  Yes, there are parts of the Piura district that are pretty!  And cold!  We went with the other sisters and a couple members!  The elders were there but they were lame and left us haha but it was soooo fun! :)

This week i read a really good talk that i would like you to read if you get the time!  I think its called Follow-Up.  It is the the May 2014 ensign and it was given by M. Russell Ballard in the sunday morning session :)

And no mother i have not heard about this virus.....  i dont want to get sick!!!
And the most significant lession i have learned on my mission.... thats a hard one.  I have honestly learned so much.  I remember saying before i left that i wasn't going to change...  but honestly I have changed so much that sometimes I dont even know myself.  But it is the best thing for me.  I guess the greatest lesson i have learned is really just trusting in God!  Just understanding that he has a time, place, and plan for everything that happens.  That use to be really hard for me to understand and it was hard for me to have that kind of trust.  I guess it also just leads back to faith...  All my life I have struggled with faith.  In the mission as well.  It was just something I didn't understand.  But slowly but surely I have seen my faith grow and I think I finally learned and understood what faith really is.  It was super interesting actually, a week ago I was reading in my Patriarchal blessing and just noticed how much it mentions faith.  It was another testimony that God knows me and knows what I have trouble with and knows what i need help with.  Wow, the church is so true.  That is something I can say now without a doubt. :)

Well, that is it for my week.  I am going to send picutres!  Have such an amazing week in the USA!  I love you all sooo much! 

Love, 

Hermana Lauren Jane Mitchell :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com