Monday, April 11, 2016

April 11, 2016

Dear Family,
Wow, I have been thinking about writing this email since my first pday in the mission field.  I honestly can not believe that it is here...  I remember sitting at the computer and thinking that I was going to be here for forever, and honeslty right now... I would like that to be true. 
Honestly these last 18 have been the hardest, greatest, funnest, most trying months of my life.  I have laughed, cried, been sick so many days that i can't even count, and have learned so much through it all.  My mission really has meant the world to me.  I will forever be grateful for these last 18 months here I have had in Peru. 
Some of the greatest memories of my life I have made here.  I have seen so many miracles and have seen how this gospel has changed so many lives.  I remeber my first baptism, the first door shut in my face, the first time I saw an investigator gain a testimony, and sooo many other firsts.  Every experience I have had here, good and bad, have changed my life for the better.  
Before my mission I believed a lot of things.  I believed in the church, the Book of Mormon, and all the doctrine.  But, I coundnt say that I knew all these things were true.  But now I can say with NO DOUBT, that I KNOW the church is true.  I know the book of mormon is true.  I know we have a living prophet and I know God and Jesus Christ live, and they love us SO MUCH.  I have seen how these simple doctrines can literally CHANGE LIVES.  I have seen destroyed families unite.  I have seen people who were at there lowest, get lifted higher.  I have seen and iIam a witness of the truthfulness of this gospel.  There is nothing else that can have such an influence on mankind. Gosh, I dont know where I would be if I would have never made the decision to serve a mission...  
This last week has been a rough one.  Work wise it was good, but I am just full of so many mixed feelings!  We are making progress with Alan, and we found a couple new investigators with amazing potential.  I still havent wrapped my head around the fact that the next time I will talk to you all, it will be in person. Its also hard for me to think that next week I wont be writing you from a ghetto internet cafe haha :) I hope you are all ready to have me back in the USA hahaha :)  I am going to need LOTS of help adjusting....  I always promised myself that I wouldnt be a weird returned missionary, and I will try my hardest not to be, but I think it just might happen... 
I just want to thank all of you the love and support I have recieved these last 18 months.  Really, i dont know what I would do without all of you.  And I just want all of you to know that really, I know this church is true.  I doesnt matter what we are going through, what we have done, where we are in the world... Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of us.  He always has and always will.  He is ALWAYS here for us whenever we need him.  
And my feelings about preparing to come home... Honestly I dont even know how to describe how I am feeling.  I really just dont want to do it haha.  Dont take that the wrong way, i am SOOO excited to see you all, i just dont know how i am going to leave all this behind.  I mean this is where I have really gained my testimony.  I have speant the saddest, hardest, most painful days of my life here.  But I have also speant the happiest, funnest, most spiritual days of my life here.  Its like leaving a little part of me behind.  I will always love this place and these people.  They have made me into the person I am.  Mostly I am just feeling stressed..  I feel like I am about to jump into a world that I dont even know anymore.  I wont have a companion, i wont have as many rules, i wont have my set study times, i wont have daily and weekly planning sessions, and i dont know what i am going to do.  But I know it needs to happen, and weather i am ready or not... it will.  But on the other hand I am super excited to see all the people I have missed so much.  I am excited to see how everyone has changed and how different everything is.  It is just a big mixture of feelings.  I will try to explain a little more when I see you momma :)

Well, I love you all so much.  And I guess I will see you all soon in the USA...  Thank you all so much again.  Have an amazing week.  See you soon!
Love, 
Hermana Lauren Jane Mitchell :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com