Monday, January 12, 2015

January 12, 2014

Hola madre!!!! How are you all??  Gosh I miss you all like crazy.  Mother I still can not believe that you are going to India in a couple days hahaha.  Good luck :)  Thats super exciting that Aub and the kids are coming home though.  Thats probably such a relief for you :)  And hey im the next one to come home so its just one step closer right?

Well this week was pretty normal.  We got a new investigator this week that im pretty excited about though.  His name is Thomas and hes 17 years old.  Before this weve talked to him and have been around him a lot because he works in the place where we use the internet but weve never really talked to him about the gospel.  This last week we ran into him in the street and we were just joking around with him and talking and we started talking about the gospel and stuff and he said we could come to his house and visit him.  So we did and all went pretty well and we invited him to our activity that we had the next night and he actually came!!  I think he felt pretty uncomfortable the whole time because in our little ward we dont have any youth, only little kids and adults but hey he was there!  We talked to him after and invited him to church.  Yesterday he came, well sorta haha,  he came to tell us he was sick and couldnt stay but hed be there next week so i think were still making progress.  We have another lesson with him tomorrow.  Hes kinda crazy though, during our first meeting with him he was telling us about his dreams and how demons always appear and stuff.  But actually thats not a rare thing here in Peru.  Everyone has crazy revelations during their dreams and stuff.  Peru is defintily nothing like home haha.  

We also had a really good lesson with Elvis this week.  He wants to be baptized but hes not married so thats why he cant but we had a chance to talk to his girlfriend/companion and now I think were going to start making major progress.  She said that she would like to get married but Elvis is too preoccupied with his work and cares more about his work than his family.  So now we have her on board with the whole marraige thing and now its just a matter of time :)  We have another lesson with just him and her this week too.  I hope it goes well :)

We are having some set backs with Lizeth, our investigator with a baptizmal date...  Everything was going good and she was progressing so much but for some reason she stopped reading the book of mormon and now she has some questions about principals that we though were clear with her and we dont know what to do.  We send her messages everynight to read and we try to encourage her but nothing seems to be working.  We hope its just these last few weeks that shes had family in town.  We will just have to see how our lesson with her goes this week.  I hope we can get her excited about her baptism again. 

Sorry i wasnt too detailed about my training haha.  It was a crazy day thats for sure!  But my training was really good. We just had a conference in a church and he talked about the daily life of a missionary and how to plan and study effectively. I learned a lot and it was so good.  I didnt really have time to talk to President Rowley personally but thats alright.  We have interviews at the end of this month so ill have plenty of time to talk to him then.  Also the food here hates me.  I am literally always sick from it!  I dont know whats up haha.  In the begginning it was all fine and what not but the last few weeks have been rough.  Im kinda afraid to eat haha but i hope that will get better too.  Welcome to Peru right?
Well these past few weeks ive been having a few problems with my companion and honestly I dont know whats wrong...  Its super frusturating for me.  In the mornings she wont say a word to me, she never wakes up on time and i ALWAYS have to pretty much pull her out of bed, and to be honest companionship study is my least favorite part of the day.  Shes just kinda mean sometimes...  But im trying to love her and serve her.  I know its probably really hard for her to train someone who doesnt speak the language very well.  Sometimes she is really great but I just dont know what to do.  I really am trying my hardest.  I try and work hard and teach as much as i can and all that but its just never enough for her. I dont know what to do.  If anyone has some advice for me thatd be great...  

Well it sounds like everyone is doing great at home.  Im glad youre all safe and im super glad that Aubs is coming home soon.  Mother the next trip you take out of the country better be to come pick me up :)  Ive already been planning it all out in my head haha.  I know its kinda early but why not right?  I hope you all have such an amazing week.  I love you all so much and think about you everyday.  I miss you tons!!!  And yes mother if you could send a package to Ty that would be so amazing :)  And yes I hear from him everyweek :)  
I love you all tons!  Dont forget about me please.  Love you and miss you!  Ill talk to you next week!
Love, Hermana  Lauren Jane Mitchell




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com