Monday, January 19, 2015

January 19, 2015

FAMILIA!!
First off mother i still can not believe youre going to India.  That is soooo crazy!  Have a good trip and be safe please! Im super excited that the Hunters are finally coming home! Ill be less stressed now :)
Okay ill explain the pictures a little haha.  So the one with the chicken, everyone just has chickens walking around their houses so when we were in the house of our relief society president I caught the little baby one and decided that i just had to take a picture with it haha.  The one with the donkey is because we were teaching this 70 year old man who walks 1 hour to and from la cruz with this donkey and he saw i had a camera and said he wanted us to take a picture so we did haha. And the last one just makes me laugh hahha.  So the box was for one of our activities.  We were going to ´cut someone in half´.  So the guy smiling is our mission leader Hno. Cesar and the other guy is the preistood leader Hno. Edwardo.  We needed 2 people in the box for it to work so we were seeing if those 2 could make it work but as you can see it definitly did not work with them so we got a child to do it :)

Well my week, honestly it was so much better than last week.  We started running in the mornings and i think thats the first thing that helped.  This week i just really tried to talk to her and not get frusturated with me.  When i started doing that she kind of confided in me.  She told me that where she lives is really super dangerous in Hondorus and that shes seen a lot of people murdered and what not.  Then she told me that when she was really little up until she was about 17 she didnt live with her parents, she lived with her grandma..  She said it was really hard because she felt like her parents didnt love her and that she had done something wrong.  She doesnt miss her family really at all she says, just her grandma.  There is definitly contention at times but its starting to get better.  Im trying to be proactive and not do things that i know makes her frusturated.  Im hoping things just keep getting better.  I can definitly feel your prayers so thank you so much.  I hope I can just make it through the next 5 weeks with her.  I really want to learn to love her and not be frusturated with her.  I will work my hardest to make that happen.  

So our investigators...  So I dont know if I told you last week but we met Elviss wife for the first time.  We had a family home evening with them this week and it went sooooo good!  We watched the cheesy video Together for Eternity or something like that in English.  At the end his wife was crying and told us that she really wants to marry him but she doesnt want to distract him from his work or anything.  We talked to them more about it and asked them to pray about the decision but I really feel like now were finally making progess.  I mean theyve been together for 18 years and havent got married!!  We hope to get a definite answer this week so we can set a baptismal date for him.

So a few weeks ago I sent you some pictures of me and this little boy.  Well his name is Pablito and he is my FAVORITE person here in Peru so far.  He has downs and he is honestly one of the most amazing people ive ever met.  When you guys sent that stuff for chistmas I gave him a coloring book and some crayons.  We go over every once in a while and color with him.  Well we gained the trust of his mom and she finally said that we could share a message with her!  We live like right next to them and before this she wouldnt even talk to us so were pretty excited about her too.  Pablito reminds me so much of Brett Berry!!  He loves to listen to music and loves to dance and loves coca cola!!  Its so great.  Tell Bretty that I miss him! :)

We got 10 new investigators this week so I cant write about them all but they all have a lot of potential!  Hna. Valle hasnt had a baptism yet so im praying really hard that one of them works out for her.  I think that has been something thats been really hard for her too.  

Okay Kaely is pregnant????  CONGRATULATIONS!!  That is really so exciting!!  Im gonna have a new niece or nephew when I get home!!  Gosh i am so excited for you guys!!  Looks like the puppy is gonna have to be put on hold though haha :)  Really congratulations!  I cant wait to meet her though pictures and Skype next christmas haha :)
And how am I feeling..... hahahah thats a really good question.  I usually feel okay but the food and juice and everything here is just... peru haha.  Umm well they prepare food here very old school.  They kill everything they eat and they prepare it all by hand until they cook it.  And its prepared in their dirty back yards.  Nothing is very sanitary here and I think that might be my problem.  They water here is honestly awful haha.  The bottles we have in our apartment are clean but it tastes awful.  And any other water is dangerous to drink so its a problem.  I think ive been dehydrated for 2 months but its all a part of the experience right? :)  The whole mission is like this right now though.  Its apparently a big problem so this week Hna. Rowley and Presidente are having meetings with our pensionistas and hopefully things will get better :)
I dont think ive gained any weight yet....  Well at least I hope not haha.  All my clothes fit me about the same and I hardly eat... I dont eat breakfast, our lunches consist of chicken, rice and vegtables (we had a talk with our penionista so we get a lot less food now) and I usually dont eat dinner either.  And we run in the mornings :)  Hna. Valle has gained about 30 pounds since she got to Peru but I guess you either gain a lot of weight or you lose weight here.  I have yet to see an overweight american here though haha.
I really love and miss you all so much!  Thank you all for your love and support and your prayers!! I can definily feel them working! Oh and I finished the Book of Mormon today!! That was pretty cool for me :)   Next ill finish it in Spanish but im sure itll talk a lot more time haha :)  I hope you all have such a good week!  I miss you all SOO MUCH!  Ill send some more pictures this week and mother you better send me some pictures of india!!!
I love you all tons.  Be safe and have an amazing week!  


Love, Hermana Lauren Jane Mitchell



Hermano Cesar & Edwardo




Pablito

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com