Monday, April 13, 2015

April 13, 2015

HOLA!!
Okay its offical, i love Piura!  Haha things are just so different here!  Gosh i feel like i have so much to tell you but literally NO TIME but I will try my hardest hahaha. 
So first off my companion, her name is Hermana Rivera and she is literally perfect I think.  She is gorgous, nice and just good at everything.  We wake up and run every morning and we are obedient to every rule which i am really happy about.  She is actually about to finish her mission though!  She finishes in just 5 more weeks!  But I am so glad I get the opertunity to work with her.  I am trying to send some pictures today so youll get a chance to see her :) 
My area is huge and i am still so lost haha!  But the ward is amazing.  We had a family home evening at the bishops house last monday and his house is huge! And so pretty!  His family is so great haha.  Also I have already found at least 5 random people here that speak english haha!  Not good english, but english :)  I did find out that I am definitly more comfortable speaking in spanish now than I am in english... which is weird....... but i kind like it haha :) 
This area is the hardest one in the mission is what they say but we are really working hard.  We have 2 investigators with baptismal dates and we talk to over 100 people every week to try and find new investigators.  We are really trying hard to get some baptisms in this area because there hasnt been one here in a while..  One of our investigators that i have a lot of hope for is named Violeta.  She is really trying to do what is right and has come a long way just since i have been here.  She just is having a problem with attending church... But we are really working hard with her.   Sorry I dont have too many updates with investigators because i havent been here long hahah. 

OHHHHHH GUESS WHAT!!!!! You are not going to believe this!!!!!!  One of the sisters in our ward served her mission in ST GEORGE UTAH!!! Can you believe that!!!  We talked for a long time about cafe rio and all that good stuff hahaha :)

So I have seen Cole!  He is doing so good :)  It was sooo weird to see someone I know!  But we talked for a long time and I think i will get to see him at least a couple times while im here.  He will get transfered next transfer but im just glad that i get to see him for a little bit :) 
Yes mother my clothes are okay for now haha :) I can buy pretty much anything i need here now, including clothes :)

Well, Piura is amazing and I am soooo happy.  I have also decided that I am going to become an expert on the bible because the other day a Jehovas Witness completely burned us on the bible.... So I will be working hard on that.... Haha :)

I miss you all sooo much!  I cant believe that in a year from now you will probably be in Peru momma!!!  That is crazy!!!  And i can not wait to talk to you on Mothers day!  Its soooo close :)
I hope you all have such a good week! Miss you tons!

Love, 
Hermana Lauren Jane Mitchell :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com