Monday, December 21, 2015

December 21, 2015

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Wow, its already christmas AGAIN?  This year went by sooo fast!  Crazy haha.!  But i am so excited to be able to talk to you on christmas! :)  For the last time.... that is just so crazy to me...

So anyways for my week... wow...  i dont think i have had a week like this in all of my mission.  It was sooooooo busy!!  Like i dont even know where to start!  I loved it!  I guess ill start with the Familia Velasquez.  They are the greatest :)  We are actually going to use skype at their house so you'll get to meet them :)  So in their family there is Carlos, Orlando, Brenda, Felix, Jorge, and Pablo (brendas son) and Kira (cousin).  Carlos and Brenda are both converts of less than a month!  This week we were able to teach Pablo and Orlando and put baptimsal dates on both of them!  And yesterday we were able to teach Kira and she came to church!  Felix is interested and comes to church but the problem with him is that he cant hear... hes deaf.  But we are trying to teach him throgh drawings and hand motions haha but we will see how it goes!  We might have to learn sign language!  Thatll be fun :)  Jorge isnt interested yet.. but we will keep working with him :) Carlos is already preparing to go on a mission and is our assistant ward mission leader and brenda is just super happy and is in the relief society presidency :)

Next there is Jose Fransisco.  He is 15 years old.  Honestly i have never met a young kid with the faith that he has.  The other day he was talking to us about his experience and how he got his testimony of the book of mormon.  He also has a baptimsal date for the 2nd of January.  He is soo ready :) we just have to teach him all the lessons now!  

Then theres the Familia Caseres....  Or in other words.. the eternal investigators.  They have been being taught for 2 years now but havent got baptized.  And its not that they dont want to, but they cant.  So the dad has another wife but they have been separated for 20 years but the other wife doesnt want to sign the divorce papers so they cant get married. The plan is to marry them TONIGHT.  But we dont know if the papers have gone through or what has happened so honestly we are just hoping for a miralce....  A very HUGE miracle.  But nothing is impossible :) they are supposed to get baptized the 26th...  Its stressing me out.

There are so many more people we taught this week but i dont think i could mention all of them!  We have 6 people here with baptismal dates and we were able to find 6 more new investigators as well!  I LOVE this area and my companion is amazing.  Honestly she is probably my hero.  We have had a lot of time to tallk this week and I have learned so much from her.  She is a convert of barely over a year!  And i think she is the most perfect person i have met in every way.  But yeah we get along great :)  I am sooooo happy i get to be with her for christmas! :)

So SKYPE!  We are planning on talking in like the morning if thats okay... the rest of the day will be crazy so thats what works out best for us.  We were thinking around 10 or 11 PERU TIME.  I dont know what time will be for you guys.  Hopefully not too early...
That day in the afternoon we have a coulpe lessons set up and a dinner with the sisters in our zone! :)  So i think it should be a good day :)
And no i have not seen cole recently... they sent him up to Tumbes!  those dirtbags hahaha!  But hopefully i will see him before i leave! 

Well everything here is going so well.  I love my mission.  I am super sad that its coming to an end!  It honestly has gone by soooo fast.  I cant believe it... Oh yeah and i can not believe that R.J. is getting baptized!!!!!!!!  That is honestly sooo crazy! But that makes me so happy for Karen.  I bet she is soooo happy! :)  And that is so cool Britton is baptizing him!  that makes me so happy :)

Well, that is it for my week.  I am soooo excited to see you all on Christmas!  It doesnt really feel like christmas here because its like 100 degress and im sweating to death haha but i love it all the same :)  I hope you all have such a good week and christmas eve and everything!  I will see you all on FRIDAY! :)  Love you tons! :)

Love,
Hermana Lauren Jane Mitchell :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com