Monday, December 7, 2015

December 7, 2015

Momma!
Okay i laughed so hard while reading your email hahaha!  I wish i would have been there to see Hayden haha but i can honestly just picture it in my head hahah!  Gosh i love those kids :)  Also i am SOO down for going to new york every year! :)

So this week was really good :)  On Friday we had a special meeting with Elder Godoy from the 70.  It was honestly amazing.  It helped me out so much.  I have been pretty discouraged because we arent teaching as much as i would like too.  I went in to the meeting with a couple of questions and left with all of them answered.  It was so great. He was super funny and told us about his conversion story and just helped us to get encouraged and keep going.

Also this week we got a new investigator that i LOVE.  Her name is candy.  And also her boyfriend Ronald!  She is honestly SOOO nice!  She invited us in and had lots of questions and really understood and accepted everything we taught her.  Ronald had been to our church before also!  The problem is is.... well theyre not married.  And to get married here in Peru is SUPER hard and SUPER expensive.  But we are going to keep working with her. 
Also this week we taught Sonia and gave her a baptismal date!  She is doing so well and is reading and praying and progressing! :)  I am hoping we will be able to teach the rest of her family as well :)

Also for the meeting with Elder Godoy i got to play my violin!  Okay but it was super stressful for me... So this is what happened.  So the other day my bag broke, and when it did i guess our cell phone fell out and so yeah we lost our cell phone.... So the day before the meeting at like 7 am someone came knocking at our door.  So it wound up being the zone leaders at our door hahaha. They literally had to come to our room because there was no other way to contact us. oops.  So they came and first were just joking around and bugging me about losing our phone.  But then they asked me if i could play the NEXT day.  In front of a general authority!  I of course said yes but like.. i was stressed.  But we got to practice a little and it actually turned out really well for the very little time we had.  But it was fun :) 
Also i have to help out the young women in our ward with a musical number.  I have had TONS of opportunities to play my violin here and i love it :)

And transfers are NEXT WEEK!  I think i am going to leave this area...  I am ready to but its a pretty bitter sweet feeling.  But im not sure so i will let you know what happens with that next week. 

Christmas decorations and everything here are super funny.  Most people have trees and lights and snowmen and then its like 100 degrees outside hahaha.  But they are very festive.  They all like to drink too so thats fun :)  But everyone has been decorating!  I will try to take some pictures of decorations .

Oh yeah!  Me and sister rasmussen talked about you the other day momma :)  She is super excited to meet you! :)  Also let me know what hotels he has planned for Piura because some are super far away from everything....  so just let me know when you find out :)

Well that is it for my week.  I love you all soooo much and have such a good week!  

Love,

Hermana Lauren Jane Mitchell :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com