Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9, 2015

Familia!! Como flippin estan???  Gosh I miss you all so much.  It sounds like it was a pretty busy week for yall!  Im so glad everyone is doing good and is having fun without me ;) haha just kidding :)

Well my week was pretty busy!  We have 4 baptisms on the 21st so we have been trying hard to get all the lessons taught!!!  The 4 are, Hermano Jerson, Hermano Gumbercindo, Hermano Layder, and Hermana Marciela.  We have a little less than 2 weeks to get all the lessons taught and get them interviewed before their baptisms.  

So Jerson, hes really is progressing so much!  He reads the book of mormon every day and prays and now comes to all 3 hours of church.  It really is so amazing to see how far he has come in such a little time because about 2 weeks ago he didnt want anything to do with us haha.  We have pretty much taught him all the lessons so hes ready to go :)

Hermano Gumbercindo is an older guy.  I think he is about 67 or something.  But he really was a golden investigator.  From the first lesson he has read all the pamphlets, read the book of mormon everyday, prayed everyday, and has just done everything weve asked him and he knows its true!  Its really fun to teach and talk with him.

Hermano Layder...  He is the only one of the 4 that we arent completely positive that this date will work out.  We have been teaching him for about 3 weeks and he says he knows its true and he loves coming to chuch and he reads the book of mormon but he still has doubts and doesnt want to fully committ.  He said yes to our baptismal challange but he said he wasnt completely sure...  We think he will be ready though.  We have another lesson with him today so we will just have to see how it goes. 

Hermana Marciela (i think thats her name haha)  we just started teaching her yesterday!  I am really stressed out about it!  She is the niece of our mission leader and she has been to church a bunch of times but to teach her all of the lessons in just 2 weeks is going to be really tough with all of our other investigators and with her interview next wednesday!  We have to teach her everyday...  I think we should push the date back but Hna Valle wants to see 4 baptized before she leaves.  

The coolest thing about this is theyre all being baptized in the ocean!!!!  There is a baptismal font in Tumbes about 20 minutes away but they dont have money to pay for the trip and a lot of the members wouldnt come because they dont have money either so were having a beach baptism haha :)  I am pretty excited for that :)

Well the rest of my week was okay...  I am pretty flippin frusturated with my spanish.  I mean I can talk and teach some things but I just cant explain anything very well and it is killing me!  I have so many things I want to say and I want to be more a part of the teaching but my talking skills just kinda are not where I want them to be.  And Hna Valle is no help to me.  Pretty much after every lesson she tells me that I dont teach very well and I need to explain things better and talk more and gets kinda mad at me, but then again when I try to talk a lot and people dont understand me she gets mad at me too, so im afraid to talk and im afraid not to talk so im not really sure what to do.  I am definitly ready for transfers thats for sure.  I just hope my new companion is patient with me and helps me do things, not just tells me to do things and get mad at me after..  This week was rough with Hna. Valle if you couldnt tell haha...  But im trying to make the best of it :)  I JUST WANT MY SPANISH TO BE BETTER.

I am feeling pretty good right now...  It wasnt the best week but it wasnt the worst either haha.  And I didnt get to talk to the Rowleys for very long but it was so good to talk to them for the short time i could.  They really are amazing.  Im pretty sad that theyre leaving soon but im sure the next President will be just as good :) And im not sure how I feel about staying in La Cruz...  I mean i like it here but i am so ready just for a change of everything. But i think ill be here for sure another transfer and maybe 2 so i better learn to love it right? haha :)
Yes I am still taking the pills and i think i feel okay taking them haha.  I dont know how i feel without because i havent stopped but I feel good so i think ill keep taking them. And we did get drinking water this week!  Its a miracle!  It still tastes awful but hey its water :)  BUT I GOT YOUR PACKAGE!  Thank you so much mother.  You really are the best :)  Those things to put in the water really have saved me :) And no we are not running anymore....  Hna. Valle doesnt get out of bed until usually 7 everyday...  Its a touchy subject for me haha.  But maybe ill start again with my new companion i hope :)

Well I miss you all soooooo much!  Mondays really are my favorite and i love hearing from you all.  Its the highlight and motivation of my week :)  Stay safe and dont forget about me please :)  I love you all so flippin much I cant stand it!  Have a good week and ill talk to you all next week :)

Love,

Hermana Lauren Jane Mitchell 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com