Monday, February 23, 2015

February 23, 2015

TRANFER DAY!!!  I have a new companion! Her name is Hermana Pleitez and she is from El Salvador.  To be honest that is really all I know about her right now because we have only been together for about 30 minutes but she seems really nice.  I will let you know more about her next week :)  

Well this week we had our baptisms!!!!  It went SOOOO good! We only wound up having 3 getting baptized because the 4th wound up having doubts on his repentence so he wants to wait a while more but we are going to keep working with him.  I think he will be ready sometime soon though :) But the baptisms went so well.  And I did wind up buying a violin haha and i did play it in the baptism!  It was such a cool moment for me :)  It is not by any means a very nice violin but for about 70 american dollars i got the violin, the case, a bow, and rosin so I just went ahead and did it :) So we didnt have our baptisms in the ocean either.... it was too dangerous so we had to drive about 30 minutes away to the stake center to the baptismal font.  But i think it turned out better than it wouldve in the ocean.  It was such an amazing feeling to see the people that I have grown to love make this decision and to see how happy it made them!  Afterwards they all shared their testimonies and the spirit really was so strong.  Gosh I dont think i had ever been so happy in my whole entire life :)  If i have time I will try and send some pictures :)

Well I am SSSUUUPPPEERRRR nervous for this transfer and im not sure why!  I guess I was just so use to Hermana Valle doing everything for me and what not and deciding everything but now its my area and I have to be the one to make these decisions and do all these things and for some reason that makes me nervous.  I just dont want to mess up and i dont want to make my companion mad at me or anything.  Gosh im just super stressed.  I hope this week goes better than I think its going to go haha :)  

Okay so another cool thing this week, so I bought a violin right? Right haha :) anyways, so the bishop actually asked me to acompany the congragation in church sundays so I took it this sunday and did.  But also in the middle of the meeting he annouces that I will also be giving a special musical number that i didnt know anything about..... so i literally just picked a hymn which turned out to be Nearer My God To Thee and played it straight out of the hymn book because I literally had nothing else I could play.  Well, afterwards in relief society a sister named Hermana Jeni was teaching and we were talking about the spirit and what not.  So during her lesson she stopped and looked at me and explaied that when i was giving my ´´special musical number´´ she just couldnt help but start crying because of the spirit it invited and how amazing of a talent i had.  Then another sister started saying how much i was blessed and now how much of a blessing i was to the ward because of the talent that i had.  I never realized how much we take these things for granted...  It made me cry!  Mother, thank you so much for not letting me quit violin and making me practice and go to lessons.  Now I realize why we try and devleop talents, its not for ourselves, its for others.  I think the violin was the best 70 bucks ive ever spent :)

So im flippin jealous of all of you going to California!  You couldnt wait just 14 more months for me..?  Dirtbags haha :)  Just kidding.  Have so much fun and send me some pictures!  And yes i am definitly down for running the Superhero Half!  Sign me up :)  And I have not met a Sister Stringham.  I havent really met anyone yet haha.  Im kinda in my isolated Tumbes...  Also I am offically the only American Girl in this part of the country...  No other north american sisters in Tumbes haha.  So thats cool :)

Tyler is doing good :)  He transfered pretty recently and I think hes pretty happy where hes at :)  I only get to send short emails and recieve short emails so I dont know much either but from what I hear he is doing pretty good :)  I miss him lots too momma :)

Well that is it for this week.  I love you all SOOOOO much!  I will tell you all about my new companion next week.  I am super nervous for this week so I hope it goes well!  UGH STRESS!  Stay safe whereever yall are and I love you all and miss you TONS!  Have such an amazing week and I will talk to you again next week :)

Love, 

Hermana Lauren Jane Mitchell  


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com