Monday, March 2, 2015

March 2, 2015

Hola familia!  Como estan????  Muy bien yo espero :)

Well this week was SOOO GOOD!!  So first off my new companion is Hermana Pleitez!!  She is from El Salvador and honestly she is just so nice.  She is also really quite and we dont talk a whole lot but we get along so well and we teach really well together too so thats good :)  She has been in her mission for 15 months and only has 3 months left! Thats just crazy to me haha :) We also have a TON in common!  She has 4 siblings also,  3 brothers and 1 sister haha :)  But she is the oldest in her family.  She also is studying nursing and wants to work with children after her mission too!  Another cool thing about her is she and one of her brothers are the only members of the chuch in her family.  Her parents and her other siblings arent members.  I am really impressed by her and i am really excited for this transfer with her! :)  I have also had to really come out of my shell this week which has actually been a really good thing for me.  Hna. Valle use to do all the talking and all the teaching so i really never had to say anything, but with Hna. Pleitez, she really doesnt know anyone here and is pretty shy so I have had to talk A TON!  And it has been so good for me!  I have gotten a lot closer with investigators and ward members and it just really has improved my whole out look.  Its so interesting how a companion can change everything!  I really am just so happy here!  I am really starting to love my mission and the people and really have started to realize how important this work is.  Yeah it was a pretty good week :)

So since we had our baptisms last week we really didnt have many more investiagors after that so this week was a week of finding new investiagors and contacting old ones. And let me tell you, we were SUPER busy!  We have a newish investiagor named Paula, she is the sister of one of our other investigators.  We really havent taught her very much but she came to chuch last week and came again this week!  During releif (i forgot how to spell it in english hahaha) society they gave a little time for whoever wanted to to bear their testimony and Hna. Paula stood up and bore her testimony!  She was just saying how greatful she was to have found this church and how greatful she was for the missionarys and how she cant wait to learn more and keep coming and progressing.  It was a good moment for us :)  We are going to work a lot with her this week and I hope she keeps progressing! :)  

Today we had a zone activity and President and Sister Rowley came!  It was so good to get to see them again :)  We played games and got to watch Meet the Mormons!  It was so fun :)  We have a zone conference with them in 3 weeks so ill get to see them again pretty soon :)  

Mother!!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK!  I was thinking about you all day on your birthday and I hope it was such a good one?  29 years young eh? :)  Just think, on your next birthday you will probably be planning a pretty important trip right? ;)  
Also I dont know if you have heard yet, but Lauren Smith got her mission call to Kobe, Japan!!!!  How crazy is that hahaha.   I am super exicted for her too :)

I am also pretty flippin jealous that you are all in California.  You really couldnt wait 14 more months? :)  You better not go back again without me dirtbags hahaha :)  
And congrats Nate and Katlyn!!!  I sent you a little email but really I am SOOO happy for you both!!!  2 new babies??  Gosh I am the luckiest aunt in the world :)

I hope you are all doing so good and had such a good time in California!  I miss you all SOOO much and cant wait to get to go on trips as a whole family again!  Dont forget about me please :)  I love you all tons!  :)

Love,

Hermana Laursie Jane :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com