Monday, March 16, 2015

March 16, 2015

Happy Monday! 
Wow it sounds like a ton happened this week!  Aubs you have a house!!  Congrats! :) That is so exciting!!  I cant wait to see it in 13 short months! :)  I honestly can not believe that I am going to complete 5 months this week!!  Time has gone by sooooo fast and I really cant believe it!  I am almost done with 1/3 of my mission!  CRAZY!  At this rate I will be home before you know it :)

Well this week wasnt as busy as passed weeks but it here its always busy haha.  We are continuing to work with Leyder.  He knows everything it true and wants to be baptized but is just afraid to set a date.  We are going to keep working with him and visiting him and hopefully he will come around soon.  I know he will be baptized at some point but the question is when????
We have been teaching a new investigator this week named Pilar.  She is really great and has so much potential!  She has talked to missionaries before a few years ago when Elders were in La Cruz.  And the thing is SHE WANTS TO BE BAPTIZED!  The problem is.... Shes not married and is living with her boyfriend.  They have 2 kids and she told us that she was about to get married and baptized but at the last second her boyfriend had doubts so they wound up not getting married.  Since then she still has been reading her Book of Mormon and praying and everything.  She said that some sisters had visited her before also but after 2 lessons they dropped her so she is having a hard time trusting us right now as sisters haha but we are going to keep visiting her and working with her.  The whole marriage thing is a HUGE problem here.  At least half of our investigators have this problem, and a lot of them actually are married but not with the person they are living with.... Yeah Peru has problems haha.  Pilar wants to do the right thing but she is afraid to get married because her relationship isnt really the strongest right now. She told us that before she was thinking about separating from him but she cant because her 2 kids need thier father.  Its a really tough situation she is in but we are going to try and help her the best that we can.  

Also this week it has been raining like crazy!!!  Usually not during the day but it has rained almost every night this week.  This is a good thing and a bad thing.  A good thing because it is flipping hot here and walking in the rain feels amazing haha.  But its super hard for the people because their houses just cant handle it.  Most of the houses here are made out of mud and sticks and barely have a roof so a few houses have collapsed this week with all the rain.  But the thing is, the people dont say anything about it.  They dont complain or anything, they just start to rebuild.  It really is such a humbling experience being here.  We helped build a house the other day actually.  We sew together bags for the walls and roof and put up the 4 posts to form the house and we were done within the day...  And the family is living in it as we speak...  I honestly couldnt even image what it would be like to wake up in a house the size of my room everyday with 3 or 4 other sibling and parents.  Not to mention not having a floor, or a room to myself, a kitchen, chairs, or anything that in the States we take for granted.  Life really is crazy here...  But the people are happy.  Some of the happiest people I have ever met in my life.  

Mother I did not get the video of Miles but I want to see it!!!! Please send it again!!! :) And if you could also send me the book that Lynn gave me and more face makeup!  Well just the powder.  The revolon colorstay from walgreens is great :)  And the color is light/medium I think... And yes short shirts white and black and also regular undershirts too.  Just one more of each :)  I only have one and I wear it a lot haha.  And we have not been running, my companion doesnt have athletic shoes haha but thats okay.  We just do some excercises in our apartment in the mornings.  Sometimes we go to the beach and excercise too and thats always fun :)

Well, that is it for my week.  I cant explain how much I miss yall.  And stop doing fun things without me!  Gosh only 13 more months you have to wait haha :)  I love you all tons.  I also cant believe that I get to talk to you again through Skype is barely over a month!!  It feels like it was Christmas just yesterday!  Crazy haha :)  Have such a good week!  

Love,
Hermama Lauren Jane Mitchell 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com