Monday, March 9, 2015

March 9, 2015

Hola mama! :)
Wow it sounds like a busy week for everyone!  I feel like everytime i read one of your emails your having a party hahaha :)  And i can not believe that dad won an ipad!  For some reason that makes me so happy hahaha congrats dad! :)  And happy spring break to everyone too! :) 

This week was another good week!  Not as busy as other weeks ive had but still pretty good :)  We have a lot of new investigators that have a lot of potential that I am really looking forward to teaching!  This week we were really working hard with Leyder.  He had a baptismal date but it fell through because he felt like he wasnt ready.  His problem is, is that hes afriad that his mom and sister wont support him and that bothers him because his family is really important to him and he wants them all to be on board with his decision.  He knows its all true and reads the book of mormon and prays and has such a strong testimony of the gospel but its just his family thats holding him back.  So yesterday we had a really great lesson with him.  We brought a recent convert that was about his same age who was in the exact same situation.  He bore his testimony and the spirit was honestly so strong!  The lesson went perfectly and we thought for sure that he was going to say yes to the baptismal challange but..... no.  And honestly I had never felt so heart broken in my life.  Because I know that he knows its true!  And this is the only way that he will be eternally happy!  And I know that if he makes this decision he will be so much happier and his family will recieve blessing from his decisions too.  I just dont understand.....  I am really hoping he comes around.  We decided that we are just going to take things slower and give him some time to think and not pressure him into it.  I will definitly be praying super hard for him this week.  

I really cant believe how much happier I am here.  Things are so much better!  I actually feel like Im helping people because now im actually participating and doing things.  Me and Hermana Pleitez really get along great haha :)  Yeah we are both pretty quite but we talk and laugh and never have contention and its so great :)  My spanish is far from perfect still but it is definitly getting better which is good haha :)  
So today for pday our zone went and played soccer on the beach which was way fun for me haha :)  but after we were just walking on the beach in La Cruz and on the beaches here there are just a ton of sea shells and colorful rocks and tons of stuff like that and i was just remembering Hope in lake powell everyday saying ´´shells! shells! where are my shells?´´  and Hayden following her around helping her find more hahaha :)  They would go crazy here! It made me smile :)  

Mom, I am really happy I am on a mission too :)  there are definitly time where I miss you too but honestly this is the best decision I have ever made in my life.  It has already changed my life in more ways than i can explain.  My testimony has grown more here than it has in the last 19  years in my life.  Before I came here I could say that I believed that that book of mormon was true.  I could say that I believed Heavenly Father heard my prayers but honestly I didnt really know.  But now I can honestly say that I know that the book of mormon is true, and I KNOW that Heavenly Father hears and answers every one of our prayers.  That alone has been a huge blessing for me.  I know I will always be thankful for these 18 months of my life.  And I know that its going to pass by fast too.  I mean its already almost been 5 months!  Crazy....

Thanks for everything family.  I miss and love you more than I can express.  I hope you all have such a good week! :)  Read your scriptures, pray, be happy :) (there, theres the missionary in me hahaha :)) I love you tons! :)

Love, 

Hermana Lauren Jane Mitchell 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com