Monday, March 30, 2015

March 30, 2015

Que tal familia??  First off those pictures you sent are adoreable mother!!  Addy you a GORGEOUS!!!  I am super jealous that you got to go to womans conference!!!  Can we go again when I get back? :)

Okay well this week was crazy and pretty frusturating.  It rained again all this week and when it rains here people do not want to talk to us.  A lot of houses have been falling over or have been flooding but also the people here do not want any help.  We have tried to serve and talk to people but no one was even close to interested this week.  Also pretty much all of our appointments fell through and some days it was hard to know what to do.  We did find things to do though so that was good.  Also, so we were planning on going to Womans Conference on Saturday but we werent able to...  Well we got half way there haha.  The only place we could watch it at is in the Stake Center in Tumbes, so we had it all planned to ride with a member and we brought one of our converts with us as well.  Well it was raining really hard and the car of this family didnt have lights and honestly it was super scary haha but anyways we got a little more than half way there but we decided that it was safer to turn around because we couldnt see anything and it was raining super hard and just not a good situation.  So, we went back but the family felt really bad about it haha.  They are honestly like our parents here and they are super amazing.  Their names are Zoila and Luciano.  Anyways they felt super bad so they took us to dinner and it was all good :)  And anyways i guess what happened was the power went out in the stake center so no one got to watch the conference haha.  So i think it was a blessing we didnt get all the way there just to turn around.
We did get to teach one family this week that has a lot of potential.  They live in a little town called Grau thats about 10 minutes away from La Cruz. Their names are Augusto and Isabel.  From the first time we met with them they have been really interested and have been reading their book of mormon and praying and everything.  And theyre married!! (which is a miracle here)  We are going to challange them to baptism tomorrow! :)  We are really hoping they say yes because we need something this week to boost our spirits because this week was SO SLOW!  I really hope the rain stops soon haha.

I am so excited for General Conference this week!!  We get to watch it in the Stake Center and i think im going to get to watch it in English which will be a lot better than watching it in Spanish haha.  I mean i understand almost everything at this point but i like hearing their actual voices and not a translators voice :)  And i can not believe that Avery got his mission call!!!!  I was honestly thinking about him and Lincoln this week and I was going to ask but that really makes me sooooo happy!! Yes please get me his email! :)
I had my zone conference this week!  It was so good!  President Rowley and Sister Rowley really are the best!  I am going to miss them tons!  I learned a ton and it was good to be able to meet with them again :)  And transfers are next monday!!! 1 week from today!!! And i am hoping and praying that I get transferred!!!!  Its not that I dont love La Cruz because I do and I will be really sad to leave here but, if I dont get transferred this transfer I will be here for 2 more transfers, 3 more months, and I really dont want to be here for that long....  So I have been praying that i will get transferred....  So if I dont email you next week or something its probably because I got transferred haha. 

Well that is it for my week.  We are going to work super hard this week because it could be my last week here!!!  Wish us luck haha.  I miss you all tons!  Have a good week! :)
Love
Hermana Lauren Jane Mitchell


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com