Monday, December 8, 2014

December 8, 2014

Mother!!! Yes i got all your emails :)  And yes i am in piura!!! Well actually no im not hahaha.  So my area is freakin amazing!  You know how i said i always wanted a beach house? Well guess what?  I totally have one hahaha.  Well sorta.  So my area is called La Cruz.  It isnt even in Piura.  Its about five hours away in Tumbes.  Look it up! its so sweet!  So from our apartment we have such a good view of the beach! I love it so much!  The other day when we were going to one of our lessons we had to walk along the beach to get there.  I loved it :)  Our area is the only one that is that close to the beach.  But really i was so blessed to be put here.  Its perfect and i think ill be here a while so im pretty happy about it :)  Im in the farthest area away from the mission home so i dont get to go back for the christmas reunion or anything but thats okay :)

So my companion is Hermana Valle!! She is from Honduras and no she does not speak any english at all hahaha.  But thats okay.  We can communicate pretty well and i can already tell ive learned a ton just in a week!  I cant understand people most of the time and when they ask me questions im super confused but i usually figure it out :)  Hna.  Valle is super patient and super nice to me.  Yeah ive been pretty blessed here so far.  This week was really hard but so amazing.  We had tons of lessons!!  But first i want to tell you about our mission leader hahaha.  He is hilarious!!!   So he owns a mototaxi which is baically a motorcycle with a cab attached to the back to take people around.  Anyways he always takes us around for free when he sees us and he thinks he knows how to speak english.  But his english is putting  ´tion´ on the end of everything haha.  So sister is ´hermanation´ and its just super funny.  
Our lessons have been going so good! We always have somone to teach and everyone here is so nice.  Yes everyone is super poor too.  We teach on dirtfloors or we sit on these ghetto chairs they have and the houses are so small and not put together well at all.  But i wouldnt want it any other way.  I already love the people here so much.  They just laugh at me when i try to speak but thats fine haha.  Okay so the other day we were at Hermana Carmens house, shes a less active memeber,  and we asked her son whos about 7 probably to give the closing prayer and this is what he said, ´´Please bless Hermana Mitchell to talk a little bit better because right now she talks kinda bad´´ hahaha we were all laughing so hard during the prayer! Hes so cute! His name is David.  He reminds me SO MUCH of Hayden its not even funny hahaha. All the little kids here are so adorable.  I love them.  They all want to teach me how to speak spanish too so i have some pretty good teachers :)

Our pensionista is super awesome too.  So this is pretty much how food here goes.  No breakfast except for yogurt or milk sometimes, a HUGE lunch, and then no dinner except yesterday we had mango for dinner.  No the members do not feed us haha.  Only on saturdays and sundays when we dont eat with our pensionista but honestly they give us enough at lunch for like 4 people... And guess what else, so since were on the coast the big thing here is fishing,,, so guess what we eat all the time,,, fish... i hate fish hahahaha but i suffer through it :)

Another cool thing.. I HAVE A BAPTISM ALREADY!  Her name is Hermana Lizeth and shes 3 months pregnant.  Hna. Valle has only been teaching her for like a week before i got there so technically ive been apart of the whole process :) Im super excited!!! Shes getting baptized on the 27th of december!  Were hoping to have two that day actally but Hno. Gerson is being lame but we will straighten him out :) Weve taught a ton of other people too and theyre all so great but i dont remember any of their names because theyre all kinda funny hahah :)

The language is coming slowly but surely hahahaha.  I cant really understand much or speak much but Hna. Valle makes me plan lessons and teach anyways hahah. And we talk to TONS of people in the streets.  Each lesson i have to explain something or bear my testimony or something.  She never just lets me sit there even if i have no idea what im talking about hahaha.  But its good :)  I hope i learn super fast :)  I thought id be way nervous to just walk up and talk to people but actually its really fun! Everyone is way nice and always gives us there address and tells us to come to their house so its way good :)  And if i run out of things to say Hna. Valle helps me out so its all going pretty good :) 
And in La Cruz its not a ward, its a branch.  And we dont have a church... So our meetings are held in this tiny little ´´chapel house´´.  Technically i havent been to church yet because yesterday in Tumbes it was elections so we werent aloud to hold meetings so next week ill tell you more about what church is like :)

So some information about christmas.. I dont really know whats going on but i do know that I can only Skype for 45 minutes max... And only one person... So thats no fun.  Hopefully well get more information about that soon.  Also another important thing.  If your going to send packages to me you first need to write ´´Chad Alvin Rowley´´ or president chad alvin rowley on the very first line and then my name after.  I guess its so they can pick it up at the post office or something.  Just keep that in mind :)  if youve sent something and you didnt im sure itll be okay.  I dont really know much about anything yet haha :)

Well, thats about it for my week.  Its SUPER hot here.  I am sweating literally all day everyday and no one has fans or AC or anything close to that so yeah its gonna be a rough summer here hahaha but itll be good :)  Yes i miss you TONS mother.  For some reason the morninigs are super hard for me and all i can think about is home, but once we get out and about i am a ton better so im sure ill get use to it and figure everything out in a few week or so :)  I really do love it here already though.  Im learning so much everyday and its really so amazing to see how much the Lord blesses missionaries.  Im glad you guys had a good thanksgiving! That sounds so fun! And it sounds like a ton of people were there so thats even better!  Gosh i cant believe its almost been 2 months since i left! Hey only 16 more left :)  CRAZY!!! I want to make every second count :)
Well I love all of you!  I pray for you everyday and think about you ALL THE TIME!  Im glad to hear everyone is doing good :)  I cant wait to talk to you on Christmas!!! I hope you all have an amazing week!  Pray for my language skills to improve because i need all the help i can get hahahah.  I love you so much! Have such a good week! Ill talk to you next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com