Monday, December 29, 2014

December 29, 2014

Hola Family!!!!  It was soooooo good to talk to you on Christmas!!! But youre right it went WAY too fast.  It honestly felt like 5 minutes.... But we get to talk again in just 5 short months so thats okay :)
Im glad this week has been good for you all! It sounds like it was pretty eventful hahaha! Gosh my brothers are hilarious haha.  Still the same as they always are :) 
And Mother I can not believe that youre going to India hahaha!  I dont think i could ever picture you in india so you better send me some pictures for proof :)


Well this week was pretty good.  Except I finally got sick for the first time.... It was awful!  And it was in the middle of the night so i didnt get any sleep so ive been exhausted since then haha.  I think i mustve gotten food poisioning or something.  Im pretty sure it was from the duck I ate on Christmas Eve.  And I decided its really hard to eat things that youve seen alive just hours before.... But besides being sick this week was really good :) We didnt teach that many people on Christmas because my companions Skyping wouldnt work.  I felt really bad for her.  We tried to get it to work for a long time but it just wouldnt.  But, the next day we tried again and it worked so that was good :) This week was just super busy with all sorts of stuff.  Actaully today right after this we are heading back to Piura for my 5 week training thing.  Im not really sure what its all about but i am pretty excited for the 5 hour bus ride.  Maybe Ill get to catch up on some sleep :) 
We did have a really cool experience this week though!!  So we were in a part of our area called Satilite and ALL of our appointments fell through so we were pretty disappointed.  But we were talking about what we should do and we remembered this family  that we hadnt visitied in a while so we decided just to go and invite them to church the next morning.  Their names are Carlos and Neli and they have an 8 year old son. When we got there they were all home which is a miracle!! And they even invited us in which is another miracle! So we went in and started teaching about the restoration and the spirit throughout the lesson was SO STRONG!  I recited the first vision by memory in spanish and it just so great.  After the lesson Carlos started talking about how when we come he just feels so peaceful and theres just this feeling in his heart.  He also said that he feels like God is with us and that we really are his messengers.  It was such a great moment!!! I have lots of hope for them.. Except theres on problem.. THEYRE NOT MARRIED! But that is such a common thing here.  Carlos is still married to someone else and she doesnt want to get a divorce.  But anything is possible with the Lord so Im hoping everything will work out :)
Oh and it is SO FLIPPIN HOT HERE.  Im moving to antarctica when i get home.  I am literally sweating all the time.  I thought Christmas was supposed to be cold... Send me some Utach weather down here please haha.  It wouldnt be so bad but its like this all year round.  Wish me luck..... 

So i havent got any cards yet but I think ill get them all today in Piura and im super excited! :)  Im glad people still remember me! It feels like ive been gone for forever.....  Hopefully things start speeding up soon haha.  And yes my shoes are great :)  I think my feet are just always going to hurt because we are always walking but my shoes are just fine :)  My favorites are the black and grey ones :)  Actually I have lots of favorites because i wear a different pair of shoes everyday haha :) 
It sounded like Chritmas was so good for everyone!  It was good to see everyone for just a little bit.  Next Christmas Ill get to talk to all of you so im really excited for that :)  It was hard being away for Christmas but it was so good at the same time.  It was definitly very different but in the best way :)  What better way to spend christmas than talking about Christ right?  I wish I couldve been there for all the festivities though!  

Thanks for everything Momma, i think about you all the time and miss you too.  Sometimes I wonder if im really supposed to be here but I know I am.  Soon enough we´ll be back to shopping and arguing and laughing again just like we use to hahaha :)  I cant wait for that day but right now i know that i need to be here.  Spanish is coming along slowly but I know itll come at somepoint.  I just hope Im becoming the person the Lord wants me to be.  Im trying so hard to do everything right and just work my hardest.  I hope its enough.  
Well,  I miss you all tons!  Mom, try to keep dad in line haha watching AFV with him was my favorite, i can still picture it :)  Stay safe family, i dont know whatd id do if anything happened to any of you! I miss and love you SOO MUCH.  You dont even know.  Talk to you next week!
Love, 
Hermana Lauren Jane Mitchell 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com