Monday, July 6, 2015

July 6, 2015

Hello Family!!!
Wow what a crazy week!  For all of you and me both i guess hahaha.  It sounds like everyone had a great 4th of July!  Here they dont really celebrate that so mine was pretty lame but thats okay :)  

Well this week was CRAZY!  I honestly have never been so exhausted in my LIFE.  We had so many different sisters staying in our room and a  lot of them had to be places at 3 or 4 in the morning so we had to wake up and go with them and it was just crazy....  But also President and Hermana Rasmussen arrived!  And honestly they are SOO amazing!  They are honestly so hilarious haha!  Me and Hermana Rasmussen are best friends right now and she shows me pictures of her grandkids and its all going great.  I have seen them a lot since ive got here and i think ill just be seeing them more because Hna. Rasmussen is going to come with us to our lessons this week!  She doesnt speak any spanish but she really wants to learn and get to know the people around here.  She also told me that she needs to find someone to cut and color her hair so thats my other homework hahaha :)

But as far as teaching goes.... S.L.O.W.  We didnt find a new investigator alllll week.  And it is so discouraging!  Saturday we spent 5 hours contacting future investigators and knocking on doors and NOTHING.  I had never felt so discouraged and tired in my life.  I just dont understand... I know theres always more i can do but right now i just feel stuck.  I dont feel like im fulfilling my purpose here and its KILLING me.  I am trying my hardest to keep a good attitude but its getting harder and harder as our numbers get lower and lower.....  I am praying for a miracle this week to keep me going.  

My next transfers are in 5 weeks and i will probably be leaving this area.  Which makes me sad but i am SO ready to get to know another place.  Ill be sad to leave my district and the members and everything but I just feel so ready to have a new start in another area.  

And the best experience i had this week... Well actually i did have a cool experience :)  We were talking to one of the sisters that we reactivated into the church and she was telling us her story about how her husband use to drink and how torn apart her family was and then she told us how different he is now thanks to us.  She told us that the other day she was watching a movie that wasnt too clean and her husband walked in and said ''yubitza!  we cant enter and get sealed in the temple watching movies like this!''  and she was telling us how he is now the one who gets the family together to pray and who always reminds them of their goal to get sealed as a family.  That is one part of the week that helped me to know that i am doing something here and that i am helping someone :)

Also i was looking in the scriptures for 'divine inspiration' one day and i came across Jacob 6:12 and it made me laugh but it was perfect!  O be wise; what can i say more? :)  I was just remembering how you and dad use to always say that to me or refer to that scripture and it helped me to remember that i just need to do what i know i need to do.  Its common sense right? :)  I just need to keep my head up. Things can only get better from here right? :)

Well that is it for my crazy week.  I cant believe that i am almost HALF WAY DONE!  Crazy!  They say time only goes faster from here so i need to make a difference while i still can hahaha :)  I love you all so much.  Have such a good week and i will talk to you all next week! :)

Love,
Hermana Lauren Jane Mitchell :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com