Monday, June 29, 2015

June 29, 2015

Momma!!!!  First off where are Kaylee and Sydney going on their missions!!!!  Gosh no one tells me anything anymore hahaha!!!  But it sounds like it was a pretty crazy week for everyone!  I wish i couldve been there!  I miss swimming with all the little kids!  Gosh super jealous haha.

Well anyways this last week was SUPER crazy!  Work wise... sadly no.  But crazy nonetheless haha.  We have had a lot of other sisters staying in our room this week for meetings and what not so that was fun.  And also yesterday we did a service project that was SO cool!  So the Hope Alliance came here from Park City Utah!!  And a lot of them dont know Spanish so the assistants chose a couple companionships to help them out and we were lucky enough to be one of them!  What the Hope Alliance did was, well they collected about 10000 pairs of percription glasses that people didnt want and put them into a computer system.  Then they came here and we went to a little tiny town and they checked their eyes for free and then gave them free glasses.  And i got to translate for them!  It was kinda weird to translate for my first time but i finally realized how much spanish i actually know and it was pretty sweet!  It was also amazing to see how much it meant to these people who dont have any money or anything and who had the chance to recive the care they needed.  I really really enjoyed it.  I decided when i get home i am going to go on trips like that now! And that is why i am writing today and didnt write yesterday haha. 

Well this week was slow with teaching today but i am trying...  We just need to find new investigators....  I am super frusturated a lot of the time but i know things will get better.  We had trasfers yesterday and me and Hermana Pacheco are staying together another transfer.  I dont know exactly how i feel about that yet but i am going to make the best of it.  Oh and since she is sick all of the time we had to get rid of our pensionista and now we are going to make our own lunches everyday haha.  Thatll be fun!  I am sure everything will go great haha

The new mission president gets here tomorrow!!!  And thursday we have a zone meeting with him!  I am super excited to meet him and hermana rasmussen!  And i hope you will be able to go to President and Hermana Rowleys homecomming!
Yes i did get to watch the temple dedication and it was AMAZING!  The people here feel so blessed to have a temple so close!
And my companion is doing good.  Its Hermana Pacheco.  She misses her family a lot and a lot of times tells me she wants to go home but i am just trying to help her.  She is from mexico.  She has been through a lot and i am just trying to be her friend and do what i can for her.

Well that is it for my week.  I am hoping that this week will go SUPER good!  I think it will haha.  I love you all SOOO much!! Dont forget about me please haha!

Love, 
Hermana Lauren Jane Mitchell 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com